The world is going to hell in a handbasket. What can a single person do? In a word, Persevere.
“Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages.” – George Washington
- Work to be self reliant
- Read the constitution of the USA 2 times (get a copy)
- Plant a garden, then try perennials (apples/berries), then chickens, then the four footed critters. Know where your food comes from and how to get it yourself if necessary.
- Team up and attend EVERY public govt meeting. Stick your nose into everything. School boards, election commissions, town, village, city, county, state or federal. Show up. The soldiers who died on Normandy beaches showed up, the fireman and police who died in the line of duty showed up. The least we can do is sit through some crappy meetings and speak up.
- Run for office. Get out there or at least help someone on your team get out there and represent us. We won’t agree 100% of the time, we might even fight but we will support the rule of law, the US Constitution and freedom without question.
- Work to eliminate any rules, laws, policies or standards that do NOT comply with the US Constitution and State Constitution.
- Vote with your $. Buy local. Buy products and services that build up the Country.
- Team up, build up your community, work together, work with your church and community centers. Look out for your neighbors, take personal responsibility.
- Get your family and friends (your team) to do take action, and review this list.
“If you are going through hell, keep going.” ― Winston S. Churchill
- Assume EVERYTHING you do electronically or near electronic devices is watched. But don’t stop speaking. Speak like you are telling a million people something. Speak honorably, openly and freely. If you are getting shut down- find a way to speak. Choose your words.
- Get Signal (smartphone app) and/or Viber on your Smartphone, and make sure your friends and family have it. It is also FULLY encrypted but Signal and Viber use data (internet) for texting and voice, so it will increase your data plan if you pay per GB for data. I do not recommend Telegram because not all communications are encrypted (its ok just not my fav).
- Use freedom loving Social Media Gab & Parler (if it ever recovers). If you get locked out of Facebook or Twitter – consider leaving those services permanently. Even if the app is blocked, you can go to the websites. I no longer recommend MeWe because they are banning specific political groups.
- Create 3 or more unique emails. 1st for junkmail/registrations. 2nd for friends and family and 3rd for banking/payments etc.
- Turn on two-factor (two step) authentication for your phone, email, social media, banking etc. Two-factor is absolutely necessary. Turn it on ANYWHERE you can. If you don’t know how, ask your friends and family. Get everyone to use it.
- Use LastPass Family (cheap) or Keepass (free) to manage your passwords. Set different passwords everywhere don’t reuse them. Longer passwords (pass phrases) like “I want 2 drink beer!” are harder to crack and easier for you to remember – customize them to something specific to you.
- Remember to cancel every account you are not using (credit cards, social media, services, email, etc)
“We Mutually Pledge To Each Other Our Lives, Our Fortunes, and Our Sacred Honor.” — Learn where the quote is from.
- Ensure you have a minimum of 6 months of Food, water, meds – rotate it for use. Even if nothing bad happens you will have food if there is a power outage or you get laid off.
- Get Multiple first aid kits and learn how to use them (one in each vehicle)
- Build your own: https://commonsensehome.com/emergency-medical-kit/
- Buy one https://commonsensehome.com/best-first-aid-kit/
- Get rechargeable AA and AAA batteries and a charger. They will cost more money up front but save you $ in the long run. https://commonsensehome.com/best-battery-chargers/
- Household supplies
- Purchase Heavy duty long lasting clothing, boots, shoes, jackets.
- Warm blankets, wool blankets – in case you have to camp in your house
- Have a way to cook without electricity
- Get $1mil in identity protection – or at least block new credit so you are less likely to be the victim of identity theft.
- Create a get home bag for each vehicle. https://commonsensehome.com/bug-out-bag/
- Get at least 2 of everything that is critical (one is none, two is one) and standardize wherever possible.
Here are ways more stock up related items:
Try to get at least 2 people in your group to do the following
- Get a HAM radio license – a cheap good handheld is the BaoFeng BF-F8HP. If you can afford it and have the space purchase a base station with a large antenna and base station.
- Get first aid training. https://www.firstaidforfree.com/
- Learn to hunt
- Learn to fish
- Get your conceal carry license. Focus on small lightweight pistols you can carry every day, and practice, or don’t get a pistol.
- Start Beekeeping – or at least support local beekeepers. Honey lasts forever.
- Learn trades: welding, forging, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- If you have skills, TEACH SOMEONE.
Why do this?
Many of us are military veterans, or served in another way: police, fire, teachers, healthcare or just volunteered in the Cajun Navy. We may or may not have sworn the oath. If you haven’t said it, say it to your family – say it out loud to each other – and keep it.
“I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;
I will act in good faith working to improve the lives of everyone in all situations, respecting the sacrifices of those who died before me;
So help me God.“
If you feel alone or outnumbered, remember
‘Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.’ — Margaret Mead
In dark days, remember these words
“Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages.” ― George Washington
God Bless – and even if you don’t believe in God, take action that will leave a positive legacy.
James Franklin, Great, Great, Great Grandson of Silence Dogood
Related Post: https://wearethebackupplan.com/declaration2021/
Last updated 12/28/2021
Rudyard Kipling Quote
One last quote – it is worth re-reading…
“If you can keep your head, when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies, Or being hated, don’t give way to hating, And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise
If you can dream – and not make dreams your master; If you can think – and not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools
If you can make one heap of all your winnings And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, And lose, and start again at your beginnings And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone, And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kings – nor lose the common touch, If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it, And – which is more – you’ll be a Man, my son!”― Rudyard Kipling